Monday, September 4, 2017

Fall Has Arrived

While the last four days were stifling hot and humid, I hadn't taken the time to notice the arrival of Fall. It was letting me know in stable ways, but I was preoccupied with other things.....
The Jacuranda tree has started its drop...the little tiny leafets that come off the sticks that make the "leaves" and branches are falling....
The fig tree just up and dropped all its figs at one time....but still not enough to make a jam...just enough for a snack.
The tomatoes...oh my tomatoes...they are so unsightly! They look like some plague has hit them, but its just Fall.
I guess I didn't realize it until I looked out the window and saw the neighbor's orchid tree...where just a week ago there were leaves and a few flowers, today I see bare branches and few odd yellow leaves about to let go....
And tomorrow, my Grandson goes to preschool! wow...where did the time go??
Today is cooler with a chance of rain, so it seems...
What are you doing with your Labor Day??
We plan to have everyone over...and eat...seems that is what we do...eat!



No, that isn't us but it's images on the internet...what people do usually on Labor Day or other times...
Here's wishing you a great week!!
Nancy

No comments: