Thursday, September 7, 2017

All Is Just a Little Too Quiet

You know when you have children that when it's too quiet, there is something going on...
It's true also with puppies....
Our morning routine, rather my morning routine, is to get up with Molly (our almost 12 week old Labrador pup)at 6 am....she is the alarm clock to a fault.
First Tucker is let out of his house then Molly and the day has begun.
Breakfast then potty and then the play....
Tucker takes off after breakfast to snooze with Dad for a bit....(yes up on the bed)....
Play and play and play with such gusto one gets quite exhausted!
Tucker and Dad join us after most of the growls and yips have stopped only to reignite them....
Poor Tucker.
He has learned though to set boundaries for her and interacts and when he has had enough he gets up on the couch....that will be a safe zone for only a short time more.
After about two hours, it's time for her nap and that is when we get things done.
Slowly, a routine is developing. Molly has learned lots of things, most notably "NO!"
I try not to say it too much, but she is a puppy and they find things you don't even realize
is there.
Just this morning, I let her out to go potty and then she went and lay down. I thought, ok, cool I'll get my cup of coffee. But, like I said, it was too quiet...and I found her up on the shelf under the BBQ, trying to get the grease tray that goes under the BBQ. No other pup in our history has done that!
She is unique and wonderful and exasperating....
Potty training continues and just when you think all is well, she blows it with "mount Molly" or "Molly Lake"....
We've gone through two rugs....one really large rubberized one in the laundry room and another smaller throw by the slider....both died by multiple accidents...and though I tried to clean them it was a no go....so....I bought two small latex backed rugs that go through the wash. I'm sure they won't last forever....but we needed rugs by doors...
As for September, it is our birthday month.
We celebrated my Hubby's birthday with everyone last night at the Winery restaurant in Tustin at the District. Very yummy food and great service.







In addition to birthdays...our Grandson Royce started preschool this week on Tuesday! Where did the time go??
Time flies....
And when it's too quiet....just add a puppy.....
I hope you have a great weekend....
Nancy

No comments: