Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Learning to Juggle....again

Juggling?? Yup but not with balls....with time and new routines.
Yesterday, I actually got in a little sewing while little Miss Molly slept a bit....
I started a new quilt for a boy so in a few days I will show you what I have....
The hard part at this point is getting the two dogs, One 12 yr old and the other an eight week old puppy with sharp little teeth to coexist in the same area and all the while teaching said little pup about "Outside!".
Then, at 2:30 throw in babysitting our grandson, who so wants to play with puppy, but puppy wants to bite.....



Yup, juggling!
Most of the time it was ok...
There were times it became frustrating. Thankfully, our grandson is now well into his "potty training" and that's good....(Molly, not so much)....
I had an activity book that I picked up, most of which was too advanced, but those stickers! Ah, an activity that doesn't require things being knocked over and then all onto the floor around the pup.
Yup, juggling.
Royce was really good about picking things up though...and putting them back in the toy box so Molly wouldn't eat them...
Molly has what we call "crazy dog times"....where she is so wound up she can't make up her mind...
I finally had to put on the little harness and leash the breeder sent her with...just to calm her down.
It helped. Phew!
Little boy running around.
Puppy running around.
Yup juggling.
Are we crazy? Yeah, probably. But if one looks into the future, just a little, it will be wonderful. I just have to keep the vision...keep up the training...keep up the faith that this is all part of the plan.
I get to go thrifting this morning with my friend.
"Dad" will watch the little dog...keeping up the training...but I get to get out!! Phew!!
I really had forgotten how much energy it takes to have a puppy( so one needs to be young and healthy to have kids and puppies)...and nothing, but nothing is sacred to a pup....
I did discover though that lemon rubbed on furniture legs or anything else that gets chewed on makes her stop and the lemon is residual!
So, yay.....
Have a great day!!
Nancy

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

I feel like I am juggling about 2/3 of the time. LOL It is fun though most of the time and I know that you, like me, would not want to sacrifice one moment of that sweet slice of life. Hope you have a great weekend- xo Diana