Tuesday, August 1, 2017

A Change in Front

Small changes in decor, inside or out, can have an impact. First, you want it to be you...a touch that is yours...not something from a magazine or other...but a reflection of you ...no, not a mirror...well, it could be a mirror...but not this time.
Last week, my friend and I did shopping...we shop thrift stores and such.
As I walked into the Assistance League my eye caught a glimpse of something and I did one of those swivels...when your head turns so fast it almost gives you whiplash. Know the feeling??
Well, I called my friend over and she agreed...I had to take it home.
I wasn't sure where exactly it would go, but, I had an idea in mind....

There was an old wreath that has hung here for about three years (ok, maybe more) which always seemed fine, but then I found this....
What drew me to it...the colors, the wording (all in French by the way)...it says, "au petite garden...maison des fleurs!
(translation...the little garden, house of flowers...
I have been calling our house "La Maison des Fleurs" for years...a fun way to greet guests and I even embroidered special towels with that to be like a hotel...
The new addition is pretty well protected from the weather...though it will have sun exposure...so it probably won't last forever...but that's ok....
For now...it suits beautifully , especially with the black bench, cast iron urn, and my little chandelier now actually shows! Not a bad find for $5...it was one of those "Ah Ha!" moments.....
Have a great day!
Nancy

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

Now THAT was the perfect find. It looks just great in place of the wreath. Love it. Sometimes you see something and just automatically KNOW that it was meant to be yours.
Hope you have a great night. xo Diana