Friday, May 12, 2017

In The Week Before Mother's Day

What a week, (actually three weeks, but who is counting??)we have had!
Seems like it was non-stop with workmen or installers.....
Our oven combo we ordered to replace the old oven finally got delivered and installed....
It was backordered as not many people want white on appliances these days. But, I'm old fashioned. My kitchen was all white....once.
They managed to put chrome and stainless on it after all....but, I am happy it fit in the same "hole" and didn't need any adjustments there. And....I have a microwave! We haven't had one for 12 years!
Truth be told...the design is a bit different..and yours truly has to stand on tip toe to reach said items in the microwave....but it's all good.
But, it was delivered on Monday, at exactly the same time that our new maid started work!
So, she had to work first in the bathrooms etc while they tinkered with the kitchen area....
It is a funny oven because it is so computerized that I might have to take classes! (LOL) not really....
After our new maid left, our house was so clean! All at once!
I am getting old and broken and haven't been able to clean the whole house at one time...so she is wonderful.....
While she was cleaning, I finished up the quilt top for our anniversary....now I have to quilt it.

I did a totally different border than I have ever done..."piano keys"....
I will definitely show it to you when I've quilted it....
We also found out that we are going to be Grandparents again to another boy!!
She had the blood test done to find out, she was so hoping for a girl. But, God has decided she is a great mom and deserves another boy....so around Nov.14 we get to meet this little man!
Meanwhile, Royce found the doll his Mom was saving (in case she had girls) and was practicing holding a baby!
Then, he put the baby down for a nap....

Who can resist that face?? Another darling boy?? Sure!! Now Royce will have a playmate.....
Anyway, I hope your week has been good and that you have super plans for Mother's Day!!
Don't forget to shower Moms with hugs and good cheer!
Nancy

No comments: