Sunday, May 28, 2017

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

It is still hard to believe that it is the start of summer with Memorial Weekend here already!
We kicked the weekend off with going to the Scottish Festival at the Fairgrounds this Saturday.
It was delightful...crowded but fun and Royce was totally enamored with the music, the drums (especially the drums) and bagpipes.
We started with the mass bagpipe bands and Marine corps in the main arena...delightful....
It always gives me goosebumps and a few tears as I watch and listen....
Then we walked a bunch..ate some fair type food....and listened to lots of music and went home...
I fell in love with a hammered dulcimer music and Hubby bought me a flash drive so I will be using that in the background when sewing....
I have been doing lots of sewing....I finally finished our Anniversary quilt which will be unveiled for guests at our party June 17....so I am sharing it with you....
It went from this....
...to this...in 2 months...
82"x88"...
 Fully quilted on my machine all free hand and free motion....
Hubby was pretty proud of it....
and on the back...
Then, today, we watched Royce while Mom worked ( she a realtor) and they came early to have breakfast and then he stayed ....we played a lot and played some more....Then being a growing boy he ate a homemade hamburger and an entire orange....then we took him for a stroller ride (the only way to get him to take a nap) and he slept...so did we....for an hour....
then he woke up and was hungry again....
Luckily, Mom came back so we didn't have to feed him dinner too....but we will be the first weekend in June...for three days! Wow...If I am tired now.....
Anyway....
Here he is with he squirt bottle and "a crown" of bind weed woven together....He had so much fun with he squirt bottle....but after an hour and a half, he came in and said..."Grammy, I'm wet!"...yes, yes he was...so we changed his clothes and thats when we made lunch...cheese burgers....

So plans for tomorrow are simple....we are going to relax. I am going to sew as I have another quilt order for a friend who has become a Great-Grandmother...to a little girl....so I am once again behind the machine tomorrow....
After that quilt, I will be quilting the 4th of July quilt for our friends whose anniversary is the 4th. They just lost her Mom this last week so that quilt is that much more important....
As you can see...I've been busy...
Hugs! Happy Memorial Day to you all! Thank a serviceman for their service and for helping keep America free!
Nancy

No comments: