Saturday, April 15, 2017

Happy Easter!

I want to wish you a Happy Easter!
It's been busy here with all kinds of things going on! (Who knew retirement could be so busy?)
We are planning an Easter Egg hunt for our Grandson Tomorrow and then brunch and then a treasure hunt for the daughters.....
We are giving them each an electric pressure cooker for Easter (I couldn't wait until Christmas) and making it into a treasure hunt...so with brunch to do etc...I will be busy today! Especially since our dishwasher is still out of stock and isn't expected until the 20th!
So tomorrow is a paper plate day.....
Other than preparing for Easter (notice I am not cleaning right now?? Yeah, I am talking to you my readers....), I have been quilting up a storm...well, piecing anyway...
I have it in mind to make this quilt for our dear friends who are also celebrating their 40th anniversary.
Their anniversary is in July...July 4th!! So, fabric choice was super easy.....
I actually had planned on making them a quilt for a while....(years)...but just didn't do it. So I pulled out my stock and added to it....
I decided on a twin size ....roughly...it will be 70+ x 80+....so a little under twin....(Squares are 12" square and are 5 across, 6 down)
It is for their family room or wherever  they want it....
I embroidered in 4 of the squares and here is what I have....
Thirty squares of a simple star....

 Which then have sashing that also includes a star......
This sashing is something I pulled out of a picture...I never have done it before...let me tell you...those little points are 1/2" big...and though I figured out a trick (thanks to Jenny at MSQC) but nonetheless....tricky....
I have two rows stitched but have 4 more to go....
Those embroidered squares...have a fancy heart....another with "Love" and these two....



So, hopefully she isn't reading this....but if she is...well..."the cats out of the bag"....but even so...it is a long way to done....
It should be pretty awesome when it's finished...well, hopefully...
Today, I have to boil some eggs and get ready for the big day tomorrow....
So, this guy.....
...can find Easter eggs.....(See his apron?? We had just finished dying eggs and he was enjoying a movie....)
Happy Easter....
Nancy

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

Oh- He is such a beautiful child--just a handsome little boy. That quilt is going to be just lovely and I hope you share it here when you are finished. My father and mother were married on July 4th also. xo Diana