Thursday, March 16, 2017

I've Been Busy!

I know, I haven't written in what seems like an age. It's true...I don't have much time before I run off to babysit....
but I wanted to share with you all that has been going on.
Our tree out front, the old (58 years old) pepper tree that lost a huge limb during that big storm looked sick...we told the city as they own that tree....and they agreed...it needed to come down (st their cost).
So, one morning last week, they showed up...and in 15 minutes the tree was down!
 They tied a line to it and the other guy just cut it and down it went.
 When we looked at the branches and the trunk, it was a matter of time before it toppled actually, as rot was in the branches and and started to develop in the trunk. Sad part is the wild doves roosted in that tree at night....they have moved on sadly....


In a total of 30 minuets all they guys were gone as was the tree....
Hubby decided we needed more tomato boxes so we found two more to add to what we have...there are now10 tomato plants out front....
These boxes will get painted like the others this weekend...we had run out of paint...
 Here are two boxes. Interesting thing here....we planted the top off of a tomato we liked, one from the market....and now we have tomatoes! There were just enough seeds!
This box has a different variety of tomato....planted from seed....both these boxes got covered with bird netting as last year they ate everything green thing that came up!
And then.....
I have been quilting....for a customer....



 Hubby has been enjoying my quilting...and volunteered to hold both quilts up for me....Isn't he sweet??
Well....I am off....running late...
Have a great day!!
Nancy

No comments: