Wednesday, March 8, 2017

It's Destiny

Ha! Got ya!
You see, I have a new sewing machine.....it's name is Destiny. No I didn't name her....her name by BabyLock is Destiny II.....
My other machine kinda kept going to the shop...I used it so much over the last 8 years that I wore it out....I know, right?? Over 2,500,000 thread miles....and wore out parts that were replaced last year.
Hubby knew it would happen, just a matter of time.
New sewing machines are really cool....but super expensive as they are all computer driven.
This one even has its feed dogs computerized.
Anyway, I've been putting her through her paces and getting to know Destiny.
I made a table runner and two quilts.

 For example, this is the Dual Feed foot....it replaces those old "walking foot"...which always made more of a mess than help...
See the big rubber "tractor" thingy? (tech term)...well it works beautifully and the back part is much like a motor and plugs into the back of the machine....does the most wonderful job stitching in the ditch I ever did see!
Well....I am learning....
Yesterday, I got out of the house and went shopping with my dear friend and I found this cool box with drawers !
 Isn't it neat? Well, it needs serious cleaning and probably paint...but can you imagine all the stuff it will hold??
 It is deep enough for smaller spools of thread....and all the other stuff that needs organizing....
 I will show you when I get it painted...cause I am leaning that way....

Here's a terrible shot of the top....kinda ugly.....
But it has potential....
Today is a cleaning day....I have stripped the bed and will hang linens out in the sun!! How's your weather???
We are actually gonna have several days of sun....
Nancy

3 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Cute little box, Nancy. I love little finds like that.
Congrats on your new machine. I really need to get busy sewing some things but have been putting it off as my machine is in the dark side of the basement (or 'the hole' as I like to call it).
Sweet quilting!!!
Hope you have a great afternoon. xo Diana

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Great find on that great box. Enjoy your new machine!!!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Cute wreath! xoxo Su