Thursday, February 9, 2017

Delicious Butternut Squash Soup, Thank You Mrs. Pattmore....

Ok, so I have been having great fun with my pressure cooker, that I call Mrs. Pattmore.
Why you ask do I call it that? Because, in Downton Abbey, Mrs. Pattmore is the head cook...and having this pressure cooker is just like having a cook.
Yesterday, we had a guest for lunch.
We have been having rainy weather and soup and sandwiches filled the bill.
I laid out sandwich makings and let Hubby and our friend make their sandwiches, but in addition, in 10 minutes I had the most delicious Butternut Squash Soup!
Now, don't get excited about the picture. I took this from the recipe online at AllRecipes. However, it looked quite similar. (I didn't want to be taking pictures with company at the table!)
It is so incredibly easy!
The recipe is from the Best Pressure Cooker Recipes on the Planet, by Debra Murray
She gets the credit here, but yesterday I did!

6 cups peeled and diced butternut squash (ours came from Costco all ready in a pack)
3 cups of chicken stock
1 cup apple cider
2 medium apples peeled and seeded
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
sprinkle of pumpkin seeds or sage for garnish if desired

We didn't have any garnish... or creme fraiche to top it with, it was still quite amazing!(follow directions for your pressure cooker...mine is electric and automatic)
With the pressure cooker...put all the ingredients in the pressure cooker, lock and set timer for 10 mins. When the time is up release the pressure and remove the lid carefully.
Take the lovely cooked makings out and blend. Now I put mine into the Vitamix to blend as I have a non-stick pot and a submersible blender might damage that......but I suppose you might be able to use one....
Serve ....and enjoy!
It was just the right flavor!

For dinner last night we had Mrs. Pattmore make us Chicken Cacciatore ! I'll give you that recipe later....but let's just say...I am happy with our "chef".....
Nancy

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

OMGOODNESS! That is what I made today! LOL...just ate a big bowl of it!! Great minds think alike, they say.
Hope you have a really good weekend. xo Diana