Saturday, January 28, 2017

Valentine's Pillow

When my sewing machine got back I had to try it out....of course.
So, on my mind was a pattern I saw on FB by 24 Blocks....a cute little "heart" baby quilt.
Now, at first I wasn't sure...it is all done with squares (or a rectangle and a couple of squares), but I had in mind a Valentine's pillow....
So, I set out to cut fabric that I had just purchased at the thrift store...beautiful big yards of red fabrics...
So...I cut....which isn't hard since I have an Accuquilt cutter....
I chose the cutter with 2 1/2" squares....
So....

So at first I stitched on this little black bow, but, I decided it didn't need it....

Would you agree?? I think it's cute just like this....
If you are interested, it is set "on point" meaning the squares are set diagonally...and that means triangles need to be stitched in to make it "square". I have never done this before and I had nothing but a picture to follow....so this was an experience. Basically, for this, having no guide, I sewed on squares and lopped them off with a straight edge..(so beginner-ish)....but it worked.
Now, you will probably notice that it is a little big...well, a bit...I kinda planned that at some point it would need washing....and then it would shrink...
I didn't have a zipper so it is just hand stitched closed...
and the sewing machine??
To be honest...I feel it is just not smooth anymore...very rough...thinking of a new one??
But how can I, when our sewer system just backed up into the tub and shower for the fourth time?? Yeah, with a house that is 57 years old, our sewer line has lots of roots...and that has to be addressed...there goes a new sewing machine.....
Nancy

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

That turned out really cute. You did a good job for having to figure it out with just a picture! I love it...perfect for Valentine's Day.
Oh-they sewer. We have had sewer problems in a couple of our places over the years. Not only is it expensive to FIX it is a MESS, too.
Hope you have a great weekend. xo Diana

krishna said...

The pillow looks so adorable..

Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com