Monday, January 23, 2017

Third Quilt for 2017

It has been raining and raining. I also have had a cold...so when hunkered down, what is better than relaxing and sewing? Well, for me it is relaxing.
After my sampler quilt, I was commissioned to make a quilt for a friend. She wanted a quilt for her cousin who is having a boy.
What fun! I still had fabric and cuts ready from the previous quilt...so I chose two of the squares I liked from the sampler quilt and went with that. Since I had the "formula" for a quilt it made it somewhat easy...so I sat and sewed. It took at total of 12 hours over two days, but now I have a quilt top to quilt. She will need it before Feb. 4 when the shower is....
Now, to be fair, she didn't require it to be ready by then, but I assured her that it could be ready....
Want to see??
I love the way it turned out...I even sent her a picture early so she could see...
After sewing, I turned off the machine and made dinner. Then, after dinner watching Hubby's second game the power went out....so no power for four hours...we went to bed and woke up to lights on everywhere...
Hope you had a great weekend.
Nancy

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

That is REALLY REALLY cute. Wow! You put that together in a short time. You are like Wonder Quilt Woman there! She is going to love it and so is the receiver. xo Diana

Kelly said...

That quilt is beautiful! I'm sure the recipient will love it! You're so talented to be able to make your own quilts.