Monday, January 30, 2017

Start of Something New

Just a little post....to show you what is new...and coming....
I am creating a type of quilt that I have such little knowledge of ...the quilt that has to be "on point".
It is the basket quilt.
It is created on point. And it is for a baby quilt that my daughter wanted me to make...so we will see where it goes from here...
The mother to be's colors are this lavender, mint green, and grey....and butterflies....can you tell it's a girl??
Anyway, we shall see....
I now have four squares...need at least 10 of these and 10 plain squares...but with on point I am not sure that will be enough...It's all new to me....
Yes, I know this one isn't square...It will get trimmed and all...this is the first one....
Just wanted to give you a taste of what is to come....
Nancy

3 comments:

NanaDiana said...

That was one of my mother's favorite quilts to piece together. Your colors are just beautiful. xo Diana

Deb from frugal little bungalow said...

I have not done an on point setting either yet so you are not alone! :) You will do fine and it will be beautiful / love the colors.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How pretty! It looks complicated but will be gorgeous when complete. You chose beautiful colors! Hugs!