Tuesday, January 17, 2017

And Done!

I finally finished the quilt I have been working on! Yay!!
It was a difficult one...and sometimes (though Hubby laughs at me) I think these things take on their own energy...and this one resisted being a quilt....
Anyway...it is done and we hung it up over the slider for you to see! Now remember the sunlight comes thru and it shows some things I'd rather not see and not the things I'd like you to see...such as the quilting designs .....
Oh well....
Well... here it is!
What do you think??
It's name is embroidered on a piece of fabric on the back as well as who it is made for...and since I didn't want you to see all that, I will tell you this quilt's name. It is Thyme With Friends....I did borrow the name for the line of fabric's...but it fit the quilt and its new home. Our friend is coming tonight for dinner, and there it will be, hanging over the slider for her to truly see it....
I always have the doubts...what if she didn't like it? What if??
Well, we had her to dinner last night, and as we went into the dining room, I took her into the family room and showed her the quilt. She registered it and burst into tears. She knew what it was and was speechless. The only words that came from her mouth were "I love it" and "thank you"...
Here is Jeanne with her quilt....
 Here she is with Hubby.....
And here she is with yours truly....
After dinner, since Hubby picked her up, we both took her home...she wanted to put the quilt on the quest bed and put the pillowcases that I had found on the bed.


Well, here it is in her quest room....it was a little short on the sides (as I figured it might be) and long in the length (figured that too)...however, she has a grey cover on underneath and it looks perfect with it! And, I have to say the color was perfect...I had only seen this room once so I patted myself on the back for hitting the colors right on the mark.....I love it when a quilt gets a happy home....
She also wanted to know if I wanted it back when she dies...thought that was cute...(she is quite honest and practical...) I told her no, it should go to someone who will love it and NEVER get sent to a thrift store....she is going to will it to a niece that she knows will love it. She loves enough to worry about it's life after her....sweet.
So...all is well....on to the next quilt...a baby quilt for a dear friend of my daughter's...a doctor having her second son....


So, I cleaned up the craft room and found the remnants about the room...some went to the trash and many went to stash of scraps which now are overflowing!
I found these long scraps made when I was cutting binding....long long strips of delightful fabric...which I actually used a bit of as ribbon to tie around pillowcases that I bought for her that just fit the quilt....
Unfortunately I can't show you the pillowcases as my phone isn't bringing pictures over that this time....
But the ribbon is this....

I didn't have any other way to save it, but I found this Weck canning jar, so I rolled up the rest and stashed it here. I recommend keeping those long strips if they appeal to you...at very least they are great for tying up plants and that sort of thing....
Well, I hope you have a great day.
Nancy

1 comment:

Finding Grace Interiors said...

Wow! Im speechless! Your quilt is so beautiful you are so talented!!
Sometimes when a quilt or blanket or duvet cover is too short on the sides and too long at the foot of the bed, I turn it around... so the sides became the head and foot of the bed and the foot and head are on the sides of the bed. I purchased a beautiful bed cover in Spain, and when I came home I had that problem, I turned it around and it fits perfect!!