Saturday, January 21, 2017

A Sampler Quilt

It has been wet and rainy here, and I've had a cold (courtesy of our grandson), so it was perfect timing to work on a quilt.
I decided that I would use my Christmas gift of a new Accuquilt Cube....that is a 6" size.
When Hubby asked me what size I'd want...I just rattled off what I knew...and a booklet that came with my original 12" set...
So, in case you are wondering...yup, a finished size of 6" is a challenge to be sure. Some of the pieces become 1 1/2". Most are more than that but, getting points to meet correctly etc is a challenge. Some of the pieces could be more precise...but hey, at least I did it.
In this sampler, no two patterns are the same...some are similar, but no two are the same! There are 20 of them.
I started on Thurs and finished yesterday, well I have two more strips to put on the top and bottom and then I wait for a name to embroider....





I had great fun, though some with difficulty...putting this together.
The Mommy to be is having a boy and her colors are navy and grey...with a transportation theme...well, the blocks are small so the boats, trains or planes are almost not visible....but they are there...
With this Accuquilt set there are some 72 variations of blocks one can make....well that is what the box said....
I mostly used a booklet that came with my set that Eleanor Burns helped them create...so it is like a cookbook...you just follow the numbers on the set to the pattern and cut away...
Of course I have leftovers....They are in a box, awaiting their next job.
I have posted on FB my quilt and have a commission for another baby quilt....another boy!
That means I have two baby quilts to do before March and one I am working on just because, using a trapunto technique.....
I should be busy...
Hope you enjoy your weekend....
Nancy


2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Wow! That is really gorgeous and I can tell it was a LOT of work!!! I hope that momma-to-be appreciates all the love and work that went into it. It is really, really sweet. What a great gift. Sounds like you are going to be busy!!! xo Diana

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Nancy, I am a new follower and appreciate your visit to me. That is certainly a beautiful quilt and even though I don't understand anything you are talking about, I envy the fact that you can do that. It is gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing it all done and hearing how that new mama loves it. (Is it a grandbaby?)..Happy Weekend..Judy