Thursday, January 26, 2017

A Pause in the Sewing Life

If you didn't know it by now, I am somewhat addicted to making quilts.
I just finished off the quilt for a bay shower.....

I quilted it yesterday with darling backing and then bound it with two fabrics that alternate...I'd show you but it is in the bag waiting for my customer to pick it up.
Then I played with some other fabric to make a pillow, and realized that my machine was making a "thunking" noise.....uh oh....not that again.
Well, I put it in the car and took it to the shop (Pal's) and when he saw me he asked"what's up?"...Isn't it nice when they recognize you?? 
Anyway, it will be ready Fri or Sat...darn, I guess some laundry and such will get done.
My machine is an embroidery and sewing machine and I do switch back and forth a bit...so it isn't surprising that its timing might be off once in a while....
After all, I have done three quilts in January!
But I wanted to show you something on saw online, it was in my FB feed from 24 Blocks, this darling baby quilt....

It's so cute! And It is an easy one. It is really just 4 blocks, 5 if you count the solid block in between!
Just there square the same and then a plain one....
I am going to play with some red fabric that I picked up at the thrift store to make a Valentine's pillow and maybe a quick quilt ....
This simple one could be a rectangle and two squares...so one can use scraps up even!! Fun!!
Anyway, I am off to babysit.....
Have a great day.
Nancy

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

Oh- Sorry about your machine. I would really love a newer one someday that does embroidery, too. This Husqvarna/Viking has been a really great machine, though. A real work horse. I haven't sewed in quite a while so I need to get back to that one of these days. Looking forward to seeing your heart pillow. xo Diana