Friday, December 2, 2016

The "Quick" Baby Quilt

My daughter came to me three days ago, and said she had forgotten to mention that her neighbor and friend and Royce's good friend's mom, was having a baby shower Saturday. Yes, tomorrow.
Can you make a quilt Mom?
She didn't like anything in the quilt cupboard (of course not)...so.....
I pulled out some little 2 1/2" squares I had ordered on sale from the Missouri Star Quilt Company and she got to work laying out the squares the way she liked them.....
That was Tuesday night.
Wednesday I got to sewing.....
Thursday I went early to the store and found a coordinating fabric to make a large border....
Thursday I finished the quilt....
Yes, yes I did. Even I surprised myself....
It goes home with my daughter after she drops off Royce this evening (he is gonna spend the night).
I have to tell her not to expect his all the time....but it was a challenge...and given I have what I need....mainly time...I can do it! Of course, the quilting is B- as I didn't do anything terribly fancy....

This is the basic rectangle of the squares all stitched with a little border....before the added fabric...
 My dear sweet Hubby holding the quilt top ...He said he never realized that I stitched all those squares together......

 Well....a little stitching goes a long way....
Here is the backing I used...the last of a wonderful sheet I used on another project...
Seriously, if you do quilting...check thrift stores for sheets...huge yardage for little$$. I have spent hundreds in the past for backing....
It turned out pretty darn cute ....but seriously I need to remind my daughter to tell me well in advance! At least I didn't have to embroider a name......
Have a great weekend...
Nancy

No comments: