Friday, December 30, 2016

Pressure of the New Year

It is still Christmas in the living room...I haven't put it away....
The tree is sagging, dropping ornaments daily....
Gifts haven't found their homes yet...
Is your house this way?
I am at the moment consumed with getting the quilt I have been working on done....well at the stage where I can quilt....
Wednesday and into lunchtime on Thursday we had our Grandson to stay while Mom and Dad went to Temecula for wine tasting with friends.
That put a glitch in sewing let alone putting things away.

 Royce is great fun...and we had a busy fun time...but things don't get done....

 Dear sweet old Tucker watched on and hoped that Royce would throw the ball....but he was too wrapped up in sitting in the little old rocker and playing with the farm..
But when he left...after a short nap...I went to the craft room. It is like, no worse than the living room, and all disheveled and I worked on the quilt....

 See the quilt is going together. It is as we speak now one quilt top...and I am playing with borders....

Yes, it is embarrassing that the room is so disorganized and messy...however, January wouldn't be "organization" month if it weren't true for most everyone....
So, I guess the living room gets first dibs on attention....
Am I alone in dealing with after Christmas blues??
The decor isn't even down yet...we plan to do take Christmas down on Sunday....
Then what? What then??
I watch lots of decorating shows, I am in the mood to move furniture around, yet, we have so much I can't!
And no, I can't get rid of it...I use it all and it is all "family heirlooms" that can't move out...I dream of a designer coming in and giving me ideas on moving things...but alas, that is not going to happen...Hubby would never go for it....(remember we took 26 years to do the patio, pergola and gutters!)
How is everyone else doing at this "down" time??
Nancy

No comments: