Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Oh Christmas Tree!

Yesterday, Hubby and I went searching for our tree. What a search we had! We went to the lot we have gone to for many years....but alas, all their trees were horrible! It looked like a tornado had gone through and those were the trees that were left....
So, we went to another lot we know....and they had lovely trees, though awfully small and horribly expensive, like $119 for a 7 footer! Yeah, we left....
We went to Home Depot....guess what? They had the BEST trees!
They had Douglas firs, noble firs, Frazer firs, and Nordmann firs!
At first we liked the Frazer firs...but it still just wasn't quite right.
Then, Hubby discovered the Nordmann firs....oh my gosh!
Everyone found them...simply quintessential firs! The perfect green and shape....
We found one we both loved....and held onto for the longest time, but it was truly too big. We measured it and it was 8 1/2 feet tall....way too big. So, we abandoned that lovely tree and went to look for a 6-7 foot tree...and found a 7 1/2 foot tree and wow...we found a bunch of them....decisions ....
We took it home and while Hubby delivered some cookies to some friends who are special....I decorated the tree....
I think I did ok...all by my self!

 The interesting thing about Nordmann firs is they are mostly hypoallergenic. Yeah they are. Now for years we bring in the tree and I sneeze or cough like crazy....Not this year. It has been tweaked in nature to have less sap and all that so it doesn't make one sneeze. It doesn't have as much fragrance either I have to say....they told us that as we loaded it up....It is however beautiful.

 All the pinecone ornaments have been collected from thrift stores....


 The icicles were picked up recently from a thrift store too, they are about 8" long and all glass...so hopefully they don't fall from the tree!
 See the pickle? Did you find it?? You get a prize! A bagful of Christmas wishes from our house to yours!
See the presents? Yup, they are all done...and wrapped and around the tree. This year I clustered them by person on chairs and in areas around the tree.....
For years I wanted a fake tree...so I wouldn't sneeze...but the compromise came that I got the patio, pergola and gutters....he gets a real tree....so now we can both be happy....a beautiful tree that is "hypoallergenic"!
Merry Christmas!

No comments: