Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas to all of you!
Yesterday, I baked and baked....
I created an apple pie that literally shines!
I created a non-corn starch pastry cream...and a snowy coffeecake that is gluten free.
 I piped the pastry cream into cooked and cooled puff pastry shells...
 For the cream, I used tapioca flour in place of cornstarch (as I am deathly allergic)...and it worked a little too well! Next time, I will use half as I did exact amounts and it was a tad too well jelled!
I used a plastic bag with to bottom corner snipped off....these are part of tonight's dessert.

Then I created a sour cream gluten free coffeecake following the Pamela's baking and pancake mix recipe....very easy people.....
I added the glaze and since I had coconut in the fridge I threw that on for added fun! Now it is a snowy coffeecake!


Then I made an apple pie...just a simple one...with cinnamon and sugar inside...but the shiny part came after....when it was cool...I glazed it and threw on the shiny sugar crystals! Now it shines.....
Easy and makes a crust really yummy!

See? Isn't it pretty?? I think all pies should shine!
Then, this morning, since everyone is coming here early for breakfast, I got up and made two quiches!
A little overcooked...but not terrible...
I mixed 7 eggs with 1 1/2 cups of cream and threw in some bell pepper and two cheeses...and after the pie shells were precooked and cooled, I poured the mix into the shells and baked for about 35 mins....
Then I made bacon.
Our daughter is on her way...she wants to make hash browns...so our day is beginning.
I want to wish you all a Merry Merry Christmas!
May the peace of the day continue throughout the year!
Nancy

No comments: