Sunday, December 11, 2016

Cookies and More Cookies

I am really lucky. I know I am. To have family close and get togethers and have friends of the family come and share in the fun...
One of the lucky things is to get together and make cookies at Christmas time. We haven't done it in a couple of years because of dietary issues. But sometimes it isn't about the cookies, but the doing.
So, we made our plan, I bought the food, and we got together.
I provided all the ingredients and the kitchen....they brought their aprons and lunches.
At 10 am we started and got off to a great roll....
We made Rum Raisin Shortbread which had to go into the fridge....
Then we made Buckeyes...which also had to go into the fridge....
Then we cut out the gingerbread....which Hubby and I had made the day before....
Then the girls got going making oatmeal raisin variations ....two batches of those....
Then we made pecan snowballs...(Mexican Wedding Cookies)....
We cut the Rum raisin cookies and baked those....
Then dipped the buckeyes...
We had more cookies planned but by then it was 5:15 and time to clean up.
The only rule...all cookies had to leave....
And they did!
From left to right...My daughter, Melissa and her son, Royce(Grandson) and then my daughter's friend's daughter (Emma)and friend (Jenny).
Oatmeal cookies....
 My daughter, Emily and Jenny and Melissa...
I am bit bleary by this point so Royce and I had a break...

 Royce got tired of cookies.....
 At this stage almost done....
 Here is the main team.....
Yes, that's me with Royce....
Here they are discussing the finer points of oatmeal cookies...

Buckeyes....
Lots of fun....cooking, baking, mixing and cookies....most of all getting together and sharing time and fun...it was tiring...but so fun...
Today, well there is more clean up...guess we will get the tree tomorrow....
Have a great day....
Nancy

No comments: