Monday, December 26, 2016

After Christmas

Christmas day has now passed. It's memories will abound....
 Such a cute picture....
 My daughter and her "Honey" eating Breakfast....
 My daughter, her husband, and Grandson Royce....at breakfast in the living room where we also opened gifts...

 Our table was set with care (though I still had the "estate" table topper still on)..
 These fruit topped pastry cream Phyllo cups were a hit....
 Creamy mashed potatoes with butter and sour cream was quite yummy....
 My creamed spinach with parmesan was the tastiest yet....
 My overcooked roasted veggies mixed with pesto was tasty (though mushy)....

Hubby's smoked prime rib roast was a huge success and very delicious.

But now....we have the clean up....the dishwasher has been running two loads a day...
There are countless pots and pans to wash and the kitchen looks like a tornado went through....
And there is just the two of us to do it all...
There are times like this that I wish....
I wish I had a bigger kitchen with more counter space, two dishwashers, a butler's pantry, a bigger dining room and actual room for a table this size...(it is a large piece of plywood we put on the fully extended table)....and yesterday I realized that as our family grows, the living room is shrinking...actually shrinking! You add presents and shredded wrapping paper and boxes all over the floor and it has shrunken by half! (Don't tell me you don't get paper and boxes all over....)
Anyone else thinking that?? Dreaming of a bigger house? Larger this, larger that?
Yeah....dreaming.
So that is what the New Year is about....dreaming and thinking.
How can we make it work better? Organize.
After all....it's only crowded a short time...
If we organize it could work better....
Organize the closet....
Organize the kitchen...
Rethink layout.....
Dream....
Well, enough of that...reality is, I need to go clean up before the New Year....
Have a great day today, known as Boxing Day in Canada....for all those boxes that need crushing and wrapping paper that needs tossing...floors need a bit of mopping....
Nancy

No comments: