Sunday, November 20, 2016

One Thing Leads to Another....

You know the saying. And we all know it is totally true. One Thing Leads to Another....
I was doing laundry. Being one to keep busy while the laundry is going, I thought I should get the rest of the Christmas gifts out of hiding in my closet.
Huh...oh....
Now, I do not have a walk-in.
We have classic 1959 closets, which in the day were considered huge.
We have lived here 26 years. I have been dealing with this for all that time. And mostly I am successful.
This post is very real, and may not be for faint of heart. Please don't tell me I am a slob.
Anyway, I was digging out the gifts that I look for all year long....
I found them...but I had to reorganize to do it....
So, I found this great shoe organizer at Savers. It holds 9 pairs of shoes. I tried on several pairs and realized that so many no longer fit (due to arthritis)...so, I put those in a bag and out they will go...
Then, I went through the clothes on this side of the closet...
 Shirts....
 Dresses, skirts, and sweaters...all of it...I went through all of it. Much got "ejected" into a bag....
So this little three drawer thing is my "unmentionables and socks"...
Don't laugh...it works...and there isn't any room for another dresser in our small bedroom...
This is the middle section for my tops and other things....all folded and put away....
Yes, it is still messy, thank you for noticing....
However, I am being real here. After all, all I wanted to get were the gifts I had stashed away.....
I also got into a sneezing attack...which meant I needed to seriously dust. Yup, dusted the closet...
Anyone else allergic to dust??
I haven't ever been so allergic....I sneezed so many times Hubby was laughing!
It was kinda funny....
What was he doing while I was doing all this??

Yes, he was doing Christmas cards!
He has a mind set to get them ready before Thanksgiving and them mail the day after.
Hope your day was productive....
Nancy

No comments: