Monday, November 14, 2016

On Your Marks, Get Set......

Remember I told you were getting ready?
Well, Hubby got a practice turkey in the smoker...good thing we did!
There are adjustments to temp and time to make....
Now this does look quite good I have to say, but the dark meat was a little under done and the breast a bit over done....so though we had a delicious dinner....we need to make those adjustments....

And then,
I dug out the Christmas gifts I have been collecting and putting in the guest room as we are going to have guests.....
 So, here in the craft room are gifts...and a wrapping table....though it will be tight, it helps the guest room.....
....which has been restored to its guest readiness....clean sheets, fresh pillows and cases, and remade....
Now...to get to wrapping!!
Am I the only one who has wrapped a couple of gifts before Thanksgiving??
Nancy

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

LOL- I don't even HAVE a gift for anyone yet. It has been that kind of year. The family exchanges names so we don't buy for everyone like we used to do--of course we buy for the kids, etc., but have cut that down considerably in the last few years. We have a lot of birthdays in a row this time of year, too. It's kind of wild, really. lol
Have a great Thanksgiving. My bil used to smoke the turkey on a Weber grill and I think it was some of the best turkey I have ever had. Yours looks great! xo Diana