Saturday, November 12, 2016

Into The Holidays

And so it begins....
With roughly 10 days before Thanksgiving, we have begun organizing....
The giant huge tabletop was brought in to create what we lovingly call "the estate table"... so 10-12 can more comfortably sit around the table...it is a huge piece of 3/4" plywood that is set on top of our fully extended table. The only problem with this, well, is that the legs on the table are where they are...so, we still have table legs for some to straddle....
However, there is definitely more elbow room...so, to me it is a toss up...we will see how it really works this Thanksgiving....
We got up at 5 this morning to put a "practice" bird on in the smoker, to see how long it really takes...
I have purchased an additional roaster to use as a warming oven, should theThanksgiving turkey need a place to stay while the rest of dinner is cooking.
Since his smoker recipe requires only a 14 lb bird, I will be roasting in the other roaster a 22lb bird so there will be enough turkey to go around.....(that makes two roasters in the laundry room)..

Every year, I plan to have a large chunk of my Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving....I have succeeded this year, thanks in large part to the internet. I had family members peruse the catalogs and give ideas....So...most of my shopping is done.
So, that leaves me with a pile of gifts that have arrived, and were placed in the guest room.
OOOPs.....we have guests coming after Thanksgiving!
So, now I have to come up with a plan for those gifts and wrapping.....
My plan so far, is to bring in one of the folding tables (3x6) and set it up in the craft room for gifts and wrapping....

Then the guest room will be redone to accept guests.....

Of course, the day after Thanksgiving the Christmas decor goes up which is simplified this year I think.....
The tree will be up (we get a real tree) by Dec. 14 as we have guests coming that day...
So, so far, that is what we are up to.

How about you?? What plans have you made?? I would love to hear....


1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

I think we have about 20 coming for dinner. I am doing it Wed night this year because we have 'split' families with the holidays and this is 'my' year but I want my dil to feel free to spend it with her mom that just had the brain surgery..and is doing fine, by the way. I will be cooking for two days- I do all the food and I pray the kids will do the clean up this year...hahahahaha

Thanksgiving Day will kind of be leftovers and a 'hang out' day for whoever wants to come and watch football, etc.

Hope you have a great upcoming week. We have a busy one planned...and I have not bought a sing;e gift yet...bad me... xo Diana