Sunday, October 16, 2016

Lazy Day

We slept in this morning...it was bliss. We have had to wake up early almost all week.
I have plans for today, but bet that much will not get done.
I want to garden, but with the little I did yesterday my back was grumpy...so we will see....
I plan on quilting too. I am working on a quilt that has been hanging in the "waiting zone" for a name to embroider, which I finally got, so it got "sandwiched" while Hubby was watching the playoffs...
I started playing with my design and I was having fun...but by 7:30 pm I was done with sewing...and decided I needed to put it on "pause"....
Here is my view today both of the quilt and what it looks like outside...

I made Hubby "Pancakes" today. I haven't made those in ages....It is kinda chilly outside and there is a good chance of rain, so....


I know I have told you about this mix many times...it is my "go to" for all flour...In most cases , it can be substituted for any flour....and it is high protein as it is made with almonds....

I also cleaned out the freezer last night while Hubby watched TV....and found the perfect makings of a stew...so that went on first thing this AM to cook all day....Hummmm, maybe eat it by a little fire...?? That sounds good...we haven't lit the fireplace in ages...
It is what I stashed away over the last year in the freezer, though most of in the last several months. Homegrown tomatoes, beans, sweet Italian peppers, and some smoked turkey stock as well as garlic, and a sausage leftover from last night. As it cooks down I will season it. But it should be pretty good with the stock and some wine. Yes, I think a dinner by the fire might be in order....
I hope you have a great and productive day.......
Nancy

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Love those-clean the freezer stews. I was going to do that today, too, but lost the gumption to do it. lol Packer game on here today so life gets put on hold at this house while that happens. A few of my kids are at the game today and my one daughter usually manages to make it on to the jumbotron and we see her face. lol She is just 'that girl'.

Hope you have a blessed Sunday. Can't wait to see the elephant 'quilt'. Elephants are my favorite big animal. xo Diana

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

The stew looks wonderful ...I too have not had pancakes for ages, come to think of it. I think you might have inspired tomorrow's breakfast here! :)