Friday, October 21, 2016

Alone Time

My wonderful and very special Hubby belongs to Kiwanis, and they do wonderful things, especially with the local college.
However, since has retired and I have been, alone time is well, rare.
I adore my husband...don't get me wrong, but there are now a days, few spreads of time, where he isn't.
Occasionally, I believe all of us need "alone time"....no matter how devoted we are, I think it is important.
We spend a great deal of time helping our kids (still) even though they are old enough to be on their own with their hubbies or significant others, but it seems that neither of us gets "alone time".
Then, there is the fact that Hubby doesn't move fast in the morning anymore....as I am a morning person that is hardest of all!
But, still, one needs to stop and hear their own heartbeat and rhythm of breathing and time to take it in...without TV, without interruption....
Do you ever crave that? Or am I the only one??
Well, tonight is the night.
He has a Kiwanis function.
When he does, I make my favorite dish, which is eggplant roasted in the oven sprinkled with parmesan and maybe some fancy mushrooms (Costco had fantastic chanterelles today) and a bit of garlic and oh, maybe some wine.

Afterwards, there may be some cleaning  or maybe some reading, or maybe a bubble bath....

In case you are wondering...I sliced the eggplant and soaked it for a bit in salted water to pull out some bitterness that can occur in eggplant....
Then I rinsed it and dried it...
Then I placed it on a cookie sheet with parchment and drizzled it with olive oil and put in the oven at 425 degrees....
just when it is getting brown, I sprinkle some evil parmesan on (letting a fair amount get on the parchment as thats pretty yummy) and then bake until it is beautiful and melted and just a hint of brown.....but not too much.....
Then it cools, but only just enough to eat....which in my case is not much as I never can wait.

You see, Hubby, as perfect as he is, hates eggplant. He has tried. He hates it.
So, when the cat is away, this mouse eats eggplant, with a little cheese......

Have a great evening.
Nancy

1 comment:

Pam Richardson said...

Nancy alone time is good to relax or read or eat!! The eggplant sounds yummy! Happy Weekend