Wednesday, September 14, 2016

While Waiting for Our Big Reveal of the New Patio....

Ok, so the guys are done with the pavers. It is blissfully quiet out today, with only the birds chirping.
The patio is stunning....but I can't show you yet. You see the pergola goes up starting Friday. Stuff that needs to go to it real place sits on the patio, but not where it needs to go.
Ok....I'll give you a sample....

This is a picture of the back "wall" being put in.... We are stunned most by the back wall, big enough to sit on  and far prettier than the "wall" that was there.....

Here is a shot, minutes after the guys had gone...

And here is the shot from the other side, looking out to the lawn....the table and BBQs are totally not where they need to be....
See the drain in the foreground?? It is hard to see, but awesome none the less there are two and the patio has just a tiny tiny grade to pull water that way....
So, When the pergola is up and all in place, I will show you.....
But, while the guys were working, what does a quilter do?? She makes quilts...
I worked on two...

This quilt is for our daughter's sister in law....I will be adding strings to the balloons via free motion quilting and eyes for the elephants. I used a spray adhesive, that is a temporary adhesive...it started letting go, but when I quilt them, I think I can use it to my advantage....we will see....



This is all free hand design, sketched and then cut...using adhesive that is far better than the spray adhesive....all pieces are then zig zagged and then there will be some decorative stitching on the boots and saddle....
I also plan on creating something for the saddle to sit on....
Ok, well....I will keep you in the loop...
Nancy

1 comment:

Pam Richardson said...

Nancy, we just had a pergola built on our patio, and the columns are being painted, so no reveal at all yet. I can't wait to see your finished product. I will be watching! Pam @ Everyday Living