Monday, August 8, 2016

Quilting, quilting, quilting

Ok, so those that follow know it's been about a month since I have had had my sewing machine working. Well, I am happy to report that Casey from Pal's here in Costa Mesa, CA will be my repair man for life! And as an added bonus, he is close!
He was able to fix "Big Bertha" in four days and she is running beautifully!
I picked "Bertha" up on Friday after trying the machine out in the shop.
He had to replace the "hook assembly" which had seen better days.
In addition, all the "work" that Moore's was supposed to do over the course of years that I have taken my machine in, was never done. He said it was so filthy!
He also took pictures....
IN any case, I wanted to let you know that I was able to finish the two quilt tops that were hanging in the craft room....one partially quilted the other just a top.
Those have now gone to their new homes.....
Then, I received the order of a darling quilt kit that has a super adorable quilt panel that I just had to get for our grandson. It speaks to his room decor. It is so perfect for his big boy bed.
So, that got put together, and enlarged as it was only 40 x 40. I made it 45 x 62 which isn't really quite big enough for his bed just yet, as he has a twin XL....but, it certainly will be bigger than the baby quilt he is using....
What do you think??
 Here is the fabric panel.....
 Here is the backing .....
 This is the quilt all done....
 I traced with the machine all around the castle, dragons, and clouds to raise them up and then everything else got all an all over meandering quilt design....
The little horses got a bit of embellishment on their manes and tails....the little knights and dragons are so cute.....
Yup, loving my machine back where it belongs....
If you live in So. Cal. use Pal's for your machines or buy one from them. They sell Janome, Elna, and Bernina....but can fix just about anything. I have a friend who has started collecting and using old, old Singers....they fix those for her too.
Hope you have a super great day!
Nancy