Thursday, July 7, 2016

What To Do When Your Machine Has Gone On Strike

You know how it is...you sew and sew....
You change your needles, you clean the parts you can between jobs, and talk to and cajole your machine...and all works well...for a while.
Then, one day, needles break, threads shred, and it makes terrible noises...more like grinding gears really, though it sews it isn't good. Your mood shrinks. Your quilt looks sad. It's time to stop.
Most modern machines are computerized. And those, bless them, are like computers. They don't rely on the internet (thank God), but are equally easy to unbalance.
They are all sealed and we cannot (on pain of death) oil them ourselves.....
So....they must go in for a good cleaning and all.
Deary really.
Horrible.
So, I pulled out the second machine to work on the quilt.
It too made those noises....How horrible.....
Now, virtually no machine....
I took in the big machine...named "Big Bertha"....and after they told me it was an old machine and so on and so forth (trying to sell me a newer machine)....off she went to the repair shop....
I love that machine.
How dare they tell me it is too old and parts are hard to get....
Anyway, what does one do, when the mainstay of activity is stopped....mid-stream....quilts part started and some waiting for quilting and one mid-stream....
Well, one does something else...
Paint!
I found a paint by number kit at the thrift store!
Wonderful

So, here it is set up on a large plate rack and the rest from a larger easel...in my craft room....

 Perfect picture.....
 Oh my, so many little numbers and letters...humm.....
and here it is, a few hours later....this is not a one afternoon paint job....but I did remember when I was much younger painting larger paint by numbers....mostly of horses....
I do hope you find one too...so much fun....
Nancy

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh boy, been there! My machine and I do not get along! But I love your solution. Can't go wrong with paint! ;)