Saturday, July 2, 2016

The Found and a Book Signing

All of Orange County was a buzz....a celebrity was in town!
We have all waited weeks with books in hand ....
In case you didn't get the memo, Sharon Santoni was in town! Who you say? The wonderful and delightful French blogger from My French Country Home....
Oh, I have followed and commented for years now....dreaming through her blog of wonderful trips to the French countryside....and yesterday she was there, in the most wonderful little shop,  Found!
 Found is in Fullerton (122 Harbor Blvd, Fullerton, CA).
Let me take you there!


















As you can see, it is a delight for the eyes! A great mix of old and new and I found some wonderful torchons that are in the wash right now! Oh I wish I had the cupboards to have my dishes like this....humm......
Anyway, traffic was actually not as bad as we had anticipated for July 1st, the Friday before the 4th!
We got there early enough to shop (that's when I found 4 matching torchons (kitchen towels)...
The owner of the shop, Jeni, is simply lovely and her "crew" is equally amazing...I almost bought (well, considered) the chandelier over the table...
The other customers in there were equally lovely and all waiting to meet our blogger star!
Then, in she came....our Stylish French Girlfriend!
She was there to sign books (My Stylish French Girlfriends)...and it was the end of her tour....but she was wonderful.
She stood at an old podium so she was "eyeball to eyeball" (well sort of as I am short and she is taller than me).
Finally....a face to the name!

 Yes, that's my mug with the sunglasses on her head....

She is still smiles after her grueling trip through the US....
Wish we had had more time to chat, but the people really started coming and she had lots of books to sign, sigh....
What a lovely trip and Hubby, who drove got to meet her too....
After, we left, we went to dinner ...and came home...to dream of France....
Thank You, Sharon! for coming and sharing yourself with us...it was a joy (though brief)....
Thank You Jeni for hosting the book signing in your store....
Nancy




1 comment:

sharon santoni at my french country home said...

Hi Nancy
It was a pleasure to meet you at Jeni's store, thank you for making the trip there So sorry we didn't have time to talk for longer
take care

Sharon
x