Monday, July 4, 2016

Rust & Black

You know how sometimes you just get a "bug in your ear" and you have to change things up a bit??
Well, that was me, the day before yesterday....faster than Hubby could say anything....out came the drop cloth and up went the old chairs from the patio for a bit of paint. I got tired of the old wood look....and well they used to be black about 7 years ago......
 This bench, a "by the road" find was also painted...it was white, but places are starting to rot....we use it more as a coffee table outside, so a bit a paint...well it was gonna happen.....

 Here is one chair, doesn't it look fresher?

Perfection was not the goal, just a nice coat or two of black...
Of course, when you do one thing, it leads to another......so, I moved things around...
The shepherds hook got moved and I hung this fun chandelier here....
 This corner has been quite forgotten, it needed a little something....
 Here is the area the two chairs and bench all painted and then I realized, I needed more seating for guests on the 4th (today!!) so I moved these two arm chairs over from the table, why didn't I think of that before?? I mean, we don't always have 6 or more people at the dining table, why not ??? Right??

 Then I went shopping in the house for pillows....the eclectic collection is great fun. (I have a rug that was ordered and due to arrive, but it got waylaid, which is sad, it would so make this perfect)....
 My grandson says he likes the chairs! Approved by our "Little Man"...



 Aren't these sunflowers wonderful?? The heads are about 10 or 11" across!

And these will be our napkins for the 4th.....all washed and ironed...these are the "torchons" that I bought at the Found shop in Fullerton when we got the books signed by Sharon Santoni.....
Aren't these lovely??
I do hope your 4th is perfect! Safe and Sane....
Nancy

1 comment:

Jenny Harris said...

Hi Nancy, I hopped over here from my blog where you recently left a comment on my driveway cleanup post. I've been browsing your blog and love all the projects you've outlined here. I'm also intrigued by your blog layout, which can be changed on the top menu bar... I've never seen that before! I'd be interested in knowing a little more about that, if you care to email me at HarmonyHillsHomeandGarden@gmail.com. Thanks! - Jenny