Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Hot Weather Project

Here in Southern California we had record breaking heat and low humidity. Ugh.
So, as we have learned, you bring in early morning air. Then close all the windows, and pull the drapes and relax to ride it out. No, we do not have air conditioning....although Hubby says if the climate change has brought this kind of weather more often, we may have to bite that bullet....
So, yesterday, we closed up the house at 8 am....and I went into the craft room to sew.
I just needed to "play".
I had recently purchased a printed panel...and being without baby quilts in the cupboard, I need something in there.....


What is different? Well, for one I played with some new stitches that my machine can do....you know, the ones you never use?? Yeah, found that I didn't like some ...like the zigzag for quilting....I believe that is to be used in a different way....definitely not free motion. And the other one was the stippling stitch....yeah...not free motion either. Oh well....not a problem...
I did however try using embroidery thread as too quilting thread....See here? On the leaf and the alligator's body? It worked fairly well...however, on another area with a different color it didn't work as well....
I didn't finish quilting though, the room starting getting warm....and heat and computerized sewing machines and hot quilters....it's best to just stop. So, I did.
This morning has dawned so much better....a good twenty degrees cooler...a nice bit of overcast and a breeze....
I ran out and watered(it's Tuesday and we can legally water) the things that the sprinklers don't get.
And guess what I found?? A HUGE green pepper.

That is Hubby's hand....Isn't it huge?? Normally, I let them go red....which is my favorite...however, this one unfortunately go sun scald on the other side...so it will go into dinner tonight.....
Well, I hope you have a cool day...
Nancy

No comments: