Thursday, June 23, 2016

A Busy Day

Yesterday, I finished quilting that printed panel quilt....I thought I'd share that with you...




Well, I was on my way today to go do my Thursday babysitting...and my daughter called and said that her Hubby was closing so I wouldn't be needed....
No problem!
I got home, changed the laundry and got busy with a quilt I started yesterday.
We have two neighbors who are having babies within weeks of each other...and they aren't going to find out what they are having! (I think this day in age that is refreshing....)
Anyway, the quilt larder is empty...so gee, guess I need to get sewing!
So, I went to my fabric collections and pulled out 5" squares (a charm pack) that I was given. And started sewing....
This is what I finished today...
The appliqué was leftovers...so that was kinda perfect...Though the squares have flowers I think it could go either way....boy or girl...what do you think??
Then, since it was still early, I started another quilt, again using what I had.
I used what was left of several jellyrolls.....

This is a basket weave pattern and I had so much fun with it....using up what I had already! This is definitely a girly quilt.
I have ordered white batting so I can quilt them....Looking in my stash for backing...that is always my hangup...I never have enough backing fabrics....
Along with several loads of laundry, and gardening I feel I had a productive day!
Oh, and we just received notice that we can water whenever we need to!! Yippee!!
Hope you have a great weekend....I plan on gardening....
Nancy

No comments: