Thursday, May 5, 2016

The Craft Table

If you follow my blog, you know about the "Craft" table in my craft room...which is my quilting studio....
You know I ordered it from Amazon...that it is a Better Homes & Gardens table that was on sale and all....that it took the place of a twin bed etc. Right??
Well, though it is perfect in most every way, it was a little too new. A little too shiny. And a little too black.
If you know me at all...you know I'd prefer gray or old or toned down a bit.
Well, I told Hubby when I bought it that it might get painted.....
So, he wasn't at all surprised when this happened....the drop cloth came out.....

And while mustard was becoming mustard, and jams were being canned in the canner....


It slowly got toned down. I also kinda attacked the top a bit, but apparently my sandpaper supplies are down...so I mostly just scratched it up....I will deal with it later....
But, now the table apron and legs look like this....

See? It goes with everything in the room....it makes the room feel a tad bigger as the grey doesn't jump out so much....
Anyway...yesterday was a very busy day....I made more peach jam and mustard while waiting for paint to dry....not a bad day at all....
Hope your day is a great one.
Nancy

No comments: