Thursday, April 28, 2016

A Major Feat

Well, I have finished a Major quilt Feat for me.
A 81" x 99" quilt (queen size) in my home machine.
No long arm machine used. No sending it out.
It is for a special person, who is getting married....
....and I might not do this again...we'll see.....
It is a big job to heft and push and struggle with such a big quilt, so it isn't perfect....but I am very pleased with it none the less.
It is a single Irish Chain pattern with the colored fabric by Moda....I used two layer cakes to make it with the color and three layer cakes to do the white.
The white areas were done in a Celtic knot design....slightly modified using a stencil....

The squares with squares...are done with a cathedral design....all free hand sewing....
The entire quilt took from January to Yesterday....
A Major Feat I think.....
Now I have to figure out how to mail it......
Nancy

2 comments:

Wendi Wachtel said...

Love your quilts! I can't imagine how much time, skill and patience goes into designing and making one. What a lovely gift that can be cherished for a lifetime! XO-Wendi@H2OBungalow

xinex said...

These are beautiful! You are so talented....Christine