Friday, February 19, 2016

The Craft Room ....now

Well, after Valentine's Day...I actually worked on laundry and other things. Then, Hubby went one day with a friend to a special show he wanted to see at a museum. I took that time to clean and organize. That's when it hit me.....I couldn't stand working in the craft room.....
It has gone through a few transitions...
 If you remember, from way back, this corner cupboard started the snowball effect...I couldn't use it and it was taking space...so out it moved....
 The sewing table moved for a while to this wall as you come in....but that bothered me because you practically ran into it as you entered the room...so it moved to this wall.....
 For months, I've been wanting to get rid of the twin bed in this room, and it will happen, one day....
See?? What a cluttered mess! Yes, the corner cupboard got a new home, thanks to craigslist...
And the other day, while Hubby was away....I moved the big armoire (it's on wheels folks!) into the corner on the left side...the toy box moved out to the garage (that's another story)... and the bed moved into the right hand corner.
I spent all day on the project. I gave away dozens of pieces of fabric...yes I did. I purged. I got rid of so much I am proud of myself! I cleaned up and organized and today...the craft room looks like this...
 This is the way it looks right now...still a touch cluttered...but I work here....
 Here is the view as you walk in...far better...though I am still wanting to get rid of the bed.....

And this is the wall by the door....better, yes?? I was going to remove the window, but it gives the feeling of another window...at least to me...and I like it, I just cleared most of the things that were hanging on it....
Ah....I feel better...I know it still needs a little something....(a big something gone might help)...
Why isn't the bed gone?
Well, when Hubby and I have bad backs, how are we going to get it out?? It is an old bed and bed boxspring and metal frame....I can arrange for the city to get it...when it's out by the trash...but it has to get there first. That requires backs and arms...maybe one day....In the meantime....it is where I can layout small quilts....
Hope your day goes well..
Nancy

No comments: