Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Another Baby Quilt Order

Well, I had a request for a baby quilt, so this one is a mixed Irish chain with the open squares filled with an appliqué.
I purchased the appliqués as I am not fond of making them, and the theme for it was supposed to be "jungle" for a girl.
I got the appliqués from an Etsy vendor, Patchwork Mommy. They are truly darling appliqués (I couldn't make these)....
The only caveat was that the iron-on glue, would pop off after a few days. So, they had to be stitched on. Not an easy task, but do-able.
I think it turned out pretty darn cute....I think mom and baby will be pleased....





The free motion quilting was fun on this one....I treated each square differently, and made it playful. The border is a growing vine all around..
The trimmed pieces you see in the first photo...that became the binding since I have the Accuquilt cutter for 2 1/2" strips....best purchase of all the Accuquilt cutters! I can make my own binding and jellyrolls!
The appiques really Pop off the quilt and are more 3D made this way...
The fabric is Bloom and Blossom, purchased from Missouri Star Quilt Company....one of my faves!
Hope you have a great day.
Nancy

2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Ah this is just adorable! :)

DD's Cottage said...

Very cute and adorable-I wish I knew how to quilt!