Friday, January 29, 2016

Pieces to the Party Puzzle

So, today, I thought I'd share some of the pieces to the party....
My daughter wants "elegant" but simple...HA
I've decided there is no true simple....every dinner for guests whether it is for two or 12 takes planning. The more people, the more planning...especially when "elegant" is involved.
So, this is what I have so far.....
I ended up renting a tablecloth, the one I ordered from Amazon was oblong and it had a stain! Seriously, a stain...small...but still a brand new tablecloth with a stain...
The linen napkins came....they are a thin linen, but the color is a lovely sophisticated grey that will look wonderful....
I found at two thrift stores, white Crate & Barrel plates! From the two stores....12! They were in decent shape too.....all I had to do was buff them with Bar Keepers Friend and wash them in the dishwasher.....

I also found Bread & Butter plates! Not quite enough, I may have to fill in with something else....
Know what those plates are for??? Amuse Bouche!
(In French, Amuse the Mouth)....They are basically a little tiny appetizer that gets the palate ready for dinner....
Our daughter had seen it on a TV show, and was quite intrigued....
Honestly, I hadn't heard of them, but recognized that restaurants do this....often with Won Ton spoons...BUT, Libbey, the company we know for glassware actually makes a Amuse Bouche spoon??Yeah, so from Amazon I ordered those too.
Then, we decided that the Hydrangeas, in 6" pots, needed something to cover the pots....
So, off to JoAnns I went and found an elegant burlap! We didn't want "rustic"...so, I found this....
The grey in the burlap, and the off white color will be just stunning I think, and the hydrangeas, are acting as our table runner.... Unless I make it, there are no table runners for a table this big.....
You know the table I showed you?? Yeah, 120" is hard to cover...
Anyway, on to pieces....
I also found chargers!! I had wanted them, as a white tablecloth and white dishes kinda just disappear....
BUT, they are not staying gold...sorry readers...I dislike gold on the table....so, I'm going to spray them.....with
....this....It is designed for plastic, which these chargers are....and is supposed to be a better coverage and stay on....
It is a silvery color...called "aluminum", but will go with the decor more.....
I got all 12 chargers for $10! Normally, they sell for $3.99-$5.99 a piece....
So, that is some of the pieces to the puzzle....
I am busy....
Today, I'm just gonna see if I can find some more white bread and butter plates...(been needing them)...
Spray the plates...I hope before rain comes....
Clean the silverware....
Tomorrow, I'm planning out the dishes for putting food in and writing out the shopping list....
I will keep you posted as the pieces come together in the puzzle for what I hope is a beautiful night....
Nancy

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

Oh- It looks like your puzzle is coming together quite nicely, Nancy. How awful though that a brand new tablecloth had a stain! Unbelievable. I like the grey napkins and I think everything is going to be just picture-puzzle perfect! xo Diana