Friday, January 15, 2016

New Paint, New Chairs....

Remember how I said we were doing some projects??
Yup, we had planned on later calling the Painter, as there was a serious need for touch-up and total paint....but, the Painter was available day before yesterday to give us a quote and then start the next day! Yikes!
Yup, at 8 AM he arrives with his crew....and they were off....
What did they paint you ask???
Well, the Livingroom window wall....there were a couple of cracks that occurred in our plaster walls due to the sudden dryness caused by drought....just a fix and repaint.....
The Master Bath, had had a flat paint....which didn't wear well, and it needed repainting...all but the ceiling...
The guest bath, complete paint, ceiling everything....
In the 90's, it was a thing to paint the ceiling the same as the walls, to "make it cozy"...well, it served its time, but this is 2016 and a white ceiling would make the ceiling seem taller....and I didn't like the color and semi-gloss shine anymore.....
And then the kitchen/dining area...the paint after 12 years had scuffs, crunches and life....it was time. But, the color was no longer available....so we went with what we painted in the living room...."stone" which is a taupey grey...it changes throughout the day...and looks beautiful with the grey tone quartz counters....now they look almost new!
I tried to take pictures, but it just didn't do it justice.....
But, what I want to show you even more...is the two new chairs!
You see, ever since Thanksgiving, when we crushed 10 around our table with mixed up chairs, I realized that our chairs were good, but we needed at least 8 chairs...
You see...Royce our Grandson won't be in highchair for ever.....
So, knowing that the chairs we had were no longer made...I went looking. I wanted a French look and since I had decided a new table wasn't going to happen (long, long story)...Hubby said we could spend quite a bit more for two chairs....
Ready???
Here they are....
 This is one of two chairs....they were 45% off, still not cheap by any means...but it was the going price...and close to home. The caveat was they were on sale, no returns...know how scary that is?? my stomach went into knots...what if they didn't look ok with the old chairs??
 Here one is...looks like it was always here...
 Here are both...see the table is still covered with stuff from clearing the decks to paint...
And here the old chairs meet their new friends....I think it works! They are very comfy chairs too I might add....(better be after what we paid)....You can see the paint color in the background...a bit of beige, a bit of tan, a a happy touch of grey....
Tomorrow, I get to decorate and rehang the drapes...I removed the rods and brackets because I wanted to raise the level...up higher by the molding...I'll show you when I'm there...
So, the paint is dry, the house feels a good bit cleaner and cohesive.
The new chairs give more French country flavor...and we'll bring it all together tomorrow.
A great deal will go right back where it was and some will not....
What have you been doing??
Nancy

No comments: