Saturday, January 16, 2016

For Those Who Ask

I love to get comments and questions about my posts. And, I love to help readers.
However, please leave an email, or when you set up as a reader please be sure to have an email....

I had questions about the linen I used in my dust ruffle, drapes and sofa slipcover.
It was all the same linen, so yes, I love it.
It washes quite well, and irons beautifully...be sure to use the linen setting on the iron with steam. I often have a spray bottle of water as well so I can "spritz" as I go.
The linen responds beautifully, and stays smooth after ironing...
If you prefer a wrinkled look (some people do) remove immediately just as it has dried and smooth it out.

The site is Fabrics-store.com

No, I am not paid for this information nor for any comments, these are entirely my own. I have used them for many different uses.
I have used the "19" weight linen for general use...for clothes, pillowcases etc.

The couch, dust ruffle and drapes were done with the "22"...

The color was Mixed Natural....it has natural color, white, and grey all mixed in there.
The company will send samples....just ask...I believe if you really think you want it, buy a yard ....
And as always, regardless of what you want to use it for.....
WASH it and dry it....
All linen gets softer with each washing....if you aren't hooked on linen yet, you will be....

Also, always clean your lint screen with each load of laundry, linen does give off lots of lint....so be careful to clean your lint screen!!!

I hope this helps...

I have to go hang my drapes back up and give you the final look of the dining room....
Nancy

No comments: