Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Open House

I don't know about you, but when an open house happens in the neighborhood, I have to go see it. Guess it's the "look-lou" in me....but it is cool to get ideas for your own home and all.
This Sunday, a house we had watched be re-done was finished and open.
Oh my gosh, I'm in trouble now. Hubby agreed. It is the BEST redo in the neighborhood we have seen....and the fact that it is our floorpan made it even more interesting.
Now, I snapped a few pictures for you, but unfortunately for me, there were so many people at the open house, it was impossible to take many.
My main attention was grabbed by the kitchen and master bedroom....walk-in closet.
First...the kitchen....


The kitchen in the pictures, I didn't do it justice. The floors from the front throughout main living and traffic areas are beautiful tile that looks like wood....
The counters throughout (in bathrooms too) are marble with a hexagon backsplash of marble. The cabinets are wonderful shaker style with self-close. Stainless steel appliances and farm sink.
I apologize to the lady who walked into the picture here...but I wanted to show you this stove oven. It is an Italian company...very lovely, and its matching hood with the backsplash behind....awesome. They re-created space and useable counters in this kitchen that had me feeling like our kitchen is now very dated....(how did that happen in 12 years???)
This oven/stove top makes a total of two ovens in this kitchen!
Ok, so if the kitchen didn't get you, the master, though it might be a bit small, is one of four bedrooms. My biggest gripe about our house is the lack of closet space. We've been here for 26 years....and when I went into this one, I couldn't believe we hadn't figured this out before....
So, here is the new door into the walk-in. IN our house, there is no door....the wall is a closet, you know with mirrored closet doors.....


This is where the space came from....the garage!
Now, it just so happened that Hubby was working with our contractor on business property....and asked him about this...was it code?? Could it be done at our house and still be a two car garage?? you know the rest....
So, My mind is a whirl with ideas and excitement. I woke up at 3 am this morning, and the brain started going....the what-ifs etc....
And of course....how much, how much time, mess.....
So, in any case, I hope you enjoyed the mini tour of the open house.
We are excited because there hasn't been this kind of re-do in the neighborhood and the price??? It is on the market for $899,000.
I'll keep you posted....
Nancy

1 comment:

Remodel My Kitchen said...

Thanks for these outstanding pictures . These are really beautiful. thanks for sharing.