Saturday, December 5, 2015

Swedish Pancakes

Today, when I woke up, the first thing that Hubby said was to show me a picture of Swedish Pancakes that I made a year ago...(thanks FB)......I hadn't even had coffee yet....
Well, after a cup of coffee...I thought, sure why not??
So, I got out the recipe from my very old beat-up Better Homes and Gardens cookbook that I got when I was a little girl. (by the way the recipes for pancakes isn't in the newer edition).
However, with a gluten intolerance, I wanted to make it a bit friendlier.....
So, I used eggs, and in place of flour, I used Pamela's Pancake flour...well....it works for most things I've told you that before.....
and in place of sugar I used coconut palm sugar, which is supposed to be a lower glycemic index.....
It certainly doesn't look like much, I know. But, it is supposed to be a very thin batter...it is basically crepes.....
Then, I got crazy and made a very rich creamy filling....
I mixed together cream cheese (a no no for me....), the coconut palm sugar, a bit of orange juice and zest and fresh blackberries (isn't it amazing to get blackberries at this time of year??)
When the "pancakes" were mostly cooked on one side, I put the filling in, then closed the pancake over the filling and voila! Breakfast.....



It was very rich...but yummy....
Think he might go get a Christmas tree with me????
Probably not....
Anyway....
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Yum! I haven't eaten yet today . . . and these are kicking my appetite into high gear, LOL.