Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Projects for the New Year

Do you have a list of projects for the New Year?
I certainly do. I already have a quilt in the works, thanks to Hubby, who gave me an Accuquilt Cube.
If you haven't looked into Accuquilt...do, these cubes are amazing. There is a 6", 8", 9" and 12" cube. That means that the finished quilt design will be that size.
Hubby gave me a 12" cube (said the others were sold out...) and I am in awe. There are are so many different patterns that one can do with the cubes, I find it dizzying ! You familiar with "samplers?" yeah, each pattern can easily be sewn to the next.....very cool.
So, yeah, I have that going.....
But I also have organizing on the list....and there is a multitude of that to do.
We started with the side yard when we put the new potting bench in its place. There was a cute little wash basin that I put on Craigslist.... and the next day it was sold.
Then, you saw the bed skirt, right? Well, I made drapes in the master to match, beautiful fabric.....
So I have ordered some of the same fabric to make slipcovers for the couch in the living room....
Yes, here is the fabric I ordered...


Here is the bedskirt...and the rug....in the Master.
Here is a question for you...
I am thinking that the rug is a bit busy....would love a grey tone sisal...but Hubby hates sisal...
So, what (low pile) rug would you use....?? Changing out a rug is on the list of things I think I might do.....
(Sorry the bottom picture is fuzzy...)
What are some of your resolutions/projects???
Have a great day...Nancy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with your Hubby! Sisal is rough and scratchy and boring. I really like your rug, especially with the new bed skirt. Perhaps it will grow on you! Marie