Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

Well, this weekend we got a tree and Hubby said we had to put up the "village" for Royce our Grandson. (Personally, I think at 13 months he wouldn't really notice, but cute that Grampy thought it was important!)
So, the two of us, Grampy and I, went to get our tree. We wanted a Noble Fir this year...and we looked through so many...picked one and when we got it home discovered it had a huge "hole". Noble Firs are kinda known for holes...its the way they grow....so, I filled the hole with a Father Christmas.....
It worked....well, kinda...its cute though...
Do you see him?? Father Christmas is literally tied to the trunk of the tree.....
We went with an all silver and white theme this year....I rather like the simplicity of it....
Then, on to the Village....
 Most of the these houses were painted by my girls for gifts in the past...and when I talked about getting rid of the village they were mortified! So, I guess, it is something that will stay around....
The rest are Dept.56 houses we inherited from the neighbors...and a couple were again gifts....back in the day...But it is kinda cute....We simplified the whole thing by only plugging in the Dept. 56 houses and not running a string of lights to houses without light....Hubby put them on a timer so they go on at a certain time and then off....very handy.
I managed to get a few packages wrapped yesterday so I felt like I was getting things under control...Still lots to wrap and a few things still to receive in the mail....but otherwise I think I'm done shopping!
That is a good feeling....
Have a great day!
Nancy

1 comment:

Barbara Lilian said...

Hello Nancy. Thank you for [taking time to post a comment on my blog. I know it's a busy time as I've been decorating our tree today , it 's taken me ages, as for the past two years we've been away and hadn't decorated a tree, I must have put some of my decorations in a different place as I can't seem to find a lot of the old favourites. I hope to be able to make the door wreaths tomorrow. Your tree looks lovely even though you had to fill in a gap. I think this will be the last year I'm able to use our artificial tree, it's a bit chewed in parts seems like some mice must have been tucked up inside the bag last winter. hope no-one notices . Enjoy your decorating .