Saturday, November 28, 2015

Post Thanksgiving

I have to tell you, I was so tired yesterday!
I did three loads of dishes in the dishwasher and lots (can't count) by hand. ( Not to mention all the washing in between to keep counter space open)...
Then one has to put it all away.
I spent much of the day lying on the couch in my jammies between loads of dishes. I was so tired.
But, boy, was Thanksgiving fun!
The day started early with the kids coming early so we could take a family photo. Our Son-in-law had to get to work for Black Friday, so he wasn't going to be able to join us for dinner. And, they still had to get to his parent's house for their Thanksgiving...so he and his darling little family came early to have breakfast. Our other daughter came with her boyfriend (who took the picture) and joined in for Breakfast. So, you can see, it made for lots of cooking all day long.....
After I had cleaned up from breakfast, I had to get started chopping and cooking for the big feast!
We had so much food!
My Hubby smoked a turkey (11 pounds) while I roasted a 20 pound bird in the roaster. Using the roaster doesn't get it brown and crispy (sadly) but it frees up the oven (should have put in two!) for all the other things one needs to make, including popovers!
It was a bit hectic in the kitchen, but our company was so wonderful...I'd do it all again!
 Here is Hubby's smoked turkey...very yummy as usual...and isn't it pretty??
Then there were sides....lots of them. What I wanted to show you was I have those old fashioned warmers....I have three (but couldn't find one) they saved the day as dishes were made they were put on the warmers....they kept everything hot and yummy for hours (after all I only have one stove)!
Then, there was the company....wonderful family and dear friends....and this guy....
Who pretty much stole the show....as usual...What a trooper! He did great considering he had maybe a 40 min nap at his other Grandma's....He missed his other nap. He loves a party and loves to eat, which he did all day. He has hollow legs! He eats almost as much as an adult, or would....
Here we are (well minus my daughter who took the picture)...all ten of us. I never realized how small my table is ....it was a bit cozy...but so much fun...lots of food on the table...
No one can say they were hungry...there was food galore...
Big thanks to all who came....
Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful...
Nancy

No comments: