Saturday, November 21, 2015

Change of my plans....

Well, I intended to clean from top to bottom. Really I did. But truth is, I got off on a tangent.
You see, when my friend and I got together, we were talking about Liming Wax. We even found the wax at Ace Hardware...the Amy Howard brand. No, I didn't buy it yesterday....ended up thinking about it and as soon as the fireplace guys were gone....so was I....to Ace...
I played with it quite a bit. At first, the wax is quite dry and gritty....I was expecting a wax like the AS clear wax....but it isn't. So, first I tried it on a candleholder....then I played with some black chairs that I brought in for Thanksgiving...then, I tried it on the mantle...to give it more depth....
Then, I got the little trays I am giving for Christmas...they needed paint. Then, they needed wax....first clear, then dark and then the liming wax.
My feeling about the liming wax is it adds a bit of dimension with the other two, without them it is a frustrating product....unless I got a bad can. It isn't soft or easy to use....but I kept at it. The little trays show it off way better, which means that it needs to be applied with the others I think.
The mantle looks a bit better...not much...
The black chairs...well, they are waxed...
The little candlestick...you'd never know it was there....
But the little trays....Now I'm getting there.....
 Here is the first little tray. It was just a plain new soft wood...
 This is the liming wax .....
 Here is the other tray...it too was just a little wood tray that you find at a craft store....
 These are soy candles that I created from salt tins and wine bottles that I cut myself....


I think they are pretty nice gifts...what do you think??
And as for the house...well, I managed three loads of laundry, cleaned the sink and tidied a few things including cleaning the hutch and redoing the way it is set up...so I did clean a little....
I hope you had a great day!
Nancy

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Those little bottles and tins are perfect gifts. Who doesn't love getting a candle?
I have never worked with Liming Wax. I need to look it up and see exactly what it does. xo Diana

Barbara Lilian said...

Your candles are fantastic, what lovely gifts they will make.
Would you like to share how you made them ?