Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Preparing for the Holidays...

Well, does anyone else plan way before the need??
My husband still thinks I'm somewhat nuts....here it is October... and I have already planned the table setting and part of the menu and seating....for Thanksgiving.
Anyone else do this?? Or am I really the odd duck??
I believe we have 8 coming, well, 8 1/2 (little man doesn't eat too much and he doesn't get a place setting), so I have been figuring what china to use etc....
 So for play, I used a white napkin, to see if I liked the idea of a white tablecloth....
I tried other colors, but went with white...I'll probably use a contrasting runner in the center....
 I'm going with these napkins, the white ones were too much white and the other napkins I had were just the wrong color...
I have 8 large red wine goblets, which I think I'll use for water (has anyone noticed there are no water goblets on the market??) and the regular wine goblets for white wine.....
That's what I have so far.....
So, does anyone else do that?? Plan way early??
Have a great day.
Nancy

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

I do plan way ahead but I have to say that you are ahead of me this year. Love that you have 8-1/2...It is going to be just lovely!!! xo Diana