Sunday, October 4, 2015

My $15 Find

I've been looking for a while for a china cabinet for my daughter. She needs one as she has a china habit like I do. Yup, she does, and presently it is stored at my house as she has no more space in her little kitchen or other cabinets.
She has beautiful pieces from her Great-Grandmother (Minton) that she has saved and from her Grandmother and from a find that I got (a lovely Limoges). So those really need to see the light of day and be used, right?? Yeah, and leave my garage!
So, I've been looking.
Last week, there were many to shop from and I sent her lots of links to check them out. Most were too expensive on her budget (and mine), you know the "sigh" when you see it, and then when you see the asking price......
Well, there was one that caught my eye, but wasn't gorgeous. Not what was in either of our minds, but the price definitely was. $15!
Yes, I called. It was still available and yes, $15....
So, since my daughter had to work, Hubby and I went....it wasn't far away, about 3 miles or so.
They had moved it from their apartment downstairs to their garage. They even helped move it.....twice.
What's that you say??
Well, only one half fit into the SUV at a time....
So we had to make two trips.....
But it was worth it.....
So, now, I am painting.........
I'll show you the finished product when it's done....but for now, here is the "tease".....





For those that are curious, we are going for a slightly more "modern" look as opposed to antique look. She doesn't want "shabby chic" or antique, so it will be French Linen with no distressing or dark wax.
The interior will be all Duck Egg Blue, no wax.....
And the hardware is getting changed out .....just to freshen it. What she chose....you'll get to see later.
For now, my day is painting and laundry....
Have a great day!
Nancy

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

I have not distressed, or antiqued, my last couple of pieces either, Nancy. Sometimes it is nice just to have that "fresh" look to a piece. The little cabinet I just painted white has a blue interior, too. It is like a little fun surprise. xo Diana