Tuesday, October 20, 2015

A Pleasure and a Project

Last weekend we went with our kids and Royce to the city's Pumpkin Festival. There is an old fire engine and a model railroad that takes kids and their families out to the pumpkin patch to get a pumpkin and a scarecrow contest as well as booths with food, face painting and information from different groups throughout the city. To say the least, it was very well attended and enjoyed by all.
We waited in line for about 45 minutes or so to get on the train. Royce just squeaked by on height to ride the train...by 1/2" (he even helped by standing on tip toe!).
We got to the pumpkin patch and he had the best time! He enjoyed the pumpkins and finally picked one he liked and played in the straw. For a 1 year old....it was a great time!

See that he is wearing socks only?? He literally just outgrew his shoes! They fit the week before....then not so much! He was amazing in the crowded line in the warm almost hot sun, he waved to the children around him and studied everything going on...some babies and children were whining....he just watched.
Then, we went to lunch....he conked out on the way....Grammy got to hold him so his Mom could eat...
According to his Dr....he is 18 month size and she was astounded by his vocabulary....when he speaks. Not just Mama and Dada for this kid....it's Doggie, Bad Doggie, Fan, Birthday, down, up, .....well you get the picture....(sorry proud Grammy)....
Anyway, we are so lucky because we get to see them at least 2 times a week if not more.
Last night, our daughter came with him for dinner, because her hubby worked late, and she likes company....
Royce loves our dogs and they love him, especially Belle. She wants to be like Nana in Peter Pan....
He literally climbs on her and crawls through her and uses her for a walker....she just beams...
There is even a picture my daughter has of him reading to her....cute! Yes, he opens a book and pretends to read!
Anyway......
yesterday I finished a project that I've never done before....fixed a clock!
I found this clock at Savers for $10, but it needed a new set of hands and mechanism...so I went to Michaels and got one with a 50% off coupon. Good thing, cause with my first try I broke the minute hand. So with another 50% coupon I got a new set with larger hands...and went online to get a tutorial...I did it!
Isn't it so cute??? It is for my daughter...I'm taking it to her today (couldn't' wait until Christmas!). We are recovering her dining chairs today with some fabric I was given.....(yes, I will try and take pictures).....
Have a great day.
Nancy

4 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Nancy, He is just darling. He sounds like my son and now his son, too, that talked early like that. Be forewarned...they never shut up....lol....our SweetCheeks was that way, too. He will probably read early, too, I bet. He is SOOOO cute, Nancy. I know you could just eat him up.
Good job on the clock. What a nice surprise that is.
Have a great night- xo Diana

BarbaraAnn said...

Love the picture of the cutie and the dog. When my grandson was a baby Lucy our lab, who was almost all white, was so protective. I have this same picture. She was so tolerant and protective of any child she sensed we cared for.

BarbaraAnn said...

Love the picture of the cutie and the dog. When my grandson was a baby Lucy our lab, who was almost all white, was so protective. I have this same picture. She was so tolerant and protective of any child she sensed we cared for.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

You have the most adorable grandson : the picture with the dog is really cute. The dog seems to accept everything!